Saturday, February 28, 2009

Skinny Bitch


If you haven't read the best seller Skinny Bitch yet, I highly recommend it. It has changed my life. Honestly! It opened my eyes to the truth about the foods I consume ~ as well as the wild, innapropriate, deceitful government "regulations" which one might assume were implemented to keep us healthy. Not so. Alas, I have not gone vegan...I have not yet sworn off all meat products (however, the chapter on meat did make me ridiculously sick). I HAVE given up splenda (despite the occassional diet soda) and switched to sugar in the raw. I've also begun weaning the family from dairy and introduced healthier alternatives like almond milk, rice milk, and soy products. I also cooked lentils for the first time this week (gotta eat those legumes & beans!). I've been trying to drink less coffee and more herbal tea ~ started that back in January. I love tea...but I also love my coffee. Overall, the changes are small and easy. And everyone in my family is accepting of the change ~ in fact, they're embracing it! Dean never liked dairy; and I successfully gave it up for 6 months while nursing him. I'm confident I can do it again. I will admit I haven't fully subscribed to the change: I'm still eating cheese (will I ever stop??), the boys are still eating yogurt, and all my carbs are not yet good carbs. But change has to start somewhere. So, I've started. As I always say: I'm a work in progress. Stay tuned. I'd love to be a Skinny Bitch one day too...minus the bitch ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home