Sunday, January 18, 2009

Busy, Busy!

I haven't been blogging as much as I'd like ~ especially considering the amount of reflecting I've been doing. But alas, things have been super busy here and blogging just hasn't been top-of-the-list. So, an update is overdue.

Rhode Island New Moms Connection has been doing really well. It's so exciting to have work that I feel so passionately about...and to see it grow. It's amazing. I will admit it is a lot of work to market, build community partnerships, build the website, register women ~ who are surely committed, and travel to various locations to offer the groups. But it's all worth it. We aren't making a lot of money, but then again our mission is to provide affordable and accessible pregnancy and new mom groups to women in Rhode Island. We've remained true to that mission and true to ourselves. I'm proud of the work we're doing - and proud of our new website too! Take a look; I did it ALL BY MYSELF!

The kids. They've been AWESOME. It's so interesting how we have our ups and downs...and when we're up we're really UP! That's where we are hanging out right now and I love it. The boys have been playing so nicely together - chasing each other around the house, playing trucks & cars & trains & animals, singing & dancing, playing hide & seek...it's great. They went out in the snow today (dean's first time sledding!!) and had a blast. The pictures don't reflect their excitement as they suited-up...and they don't show dean's request for "more please" when he came inside. Too cute. I'm really enjoying them.



I often feel like I have it all: a great husband, wonderful kids, fabulous parents, a business I enjoy, great friends...what I've been working on is re-assuring myself that I deserve it. I remain grateful for every one of these blessings in my life. And I try to have faith that good things come to good people. It's my responsibility to just be the best me I can be...and to respect, appreciate, and enjoy these blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home