Thursday, July 05, 2007

Mission One

As per my pediatrician's advice, I decided not to be "a prisoner in my own home" any longer. Today was my first day alone with the two boys and we decided to head to the supermarket after naptime. Drew rode up front in the seat as he always does; and Dean sat in his infant carrier (carseat) in the basket. Of course this leaves little room for groceries, but we made use of the remaining space.
I nursed Dean, the eating machine, just before we left hoping that I'd have plenty of quiet Dean time. Somewhere along the aisles, he began to cry. My whispers of "it's ok dean...I know..." were echoed by Drew who began calmly rocking the infant seat for Dean. SO adorable. Everyone commented on what a fabulous big brother he was; and I felt moved to tears. I told Drew I wanted to cry - and he looked puzzled asking, "Cry??" and I told him I wanted to cry because I was so happy and so proud of him. What a great brother he is!
Mission One: Supermarket, day 12, success.

2 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger Rob L. said...

'atta boy, Drew. Take good care of your brother... and yer Mom :^)

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kristen, so great how well everything's going!! what a super family you have!!!
-madzia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home