Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Is this a sign?

Drew has become quite the attention grabber lately with his new talent: clapping. We can't let go of our gigantic smiles when those two tiny hands come together. He's also learned to hold his own sippy cup. In one sitting he'll drink almost an entire cup of "juice" (it's 75% water, but don't let him know of my secret deception). Now I do still use my learned signs for "milk", "more", and "food" with every meal. Lately I've noticed him clapping while I am feeding him solids. After each bite he'll pull his little hands together repeatedly...until the next spoonful comes his way. He gets so excited! He loves to eat. Could it be that he has already learned "more" and just has the sign a little mixed up? I'd like to think so. I feel he is communicating with me and I like that! Actually I think he is a very good communicator...but if he is smart enough to be signing already I think he might just be a genius too!

2 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I think he's totally signing! That's really common to clap instead of "more". A lot of baby signing has to be taken in context until they get those fine motor skills down. But you can tell they're trying to communicate when the kiddo has that look of determination.
Genius boy!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Brettnik said...

Of course he's communicating with you, and of course he's a genius. Why wouldn't he be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home