Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A big boy!


Drew and I went over to the Narcession's and met Nicholas yesterday. He is 2 years old and absolutely adorable. He was running around the house, dancing to the music of Laurie Berkner and Baby Genius, and playing "near" "far" with Grover from Sesame Street. So fun! Drew was fascinated by him. His excitement was clear by the way he waved his arms and screamed excitedly. I was able to see for a moment what it might be like having two children. The baby mesmerized by the big boy - who finds the baby somewhat interesting. I imagine Drew as that big boy (oh no, not yet!) practicing gentle touches with the baby. It's kind of sweet. Most of my days I am so enamored with Drew that the idea of bringing another baby into our family seems unfair. I don't feel ready to divide my attention...or ready to give Drew less than 100% of me. However, on days like yesterday, I can imagine how a second child can really add to the family; and I know someday I will be ready for our family to grow. But for now, it's just mommy, daddy, and our favorite little guy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home