Friday, April 14, 2006

So hard to say goodbye

My little peanut is spending the night at grandma's so mommy and daddy can go out with Brian McKenna and friends. I should relish in the freedom and find joy in knowing I can sleep in tomorrow...but I sit in my empty house aching for Drew. My mom said now I know how she felt when we left the house. I replied that at least she had 18 years with us; I've only had 8 months.
I miss him when he's not with me. He fills the space here with love, laughter, and happy energy! Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to have time to see my friends and spend time alone with Chris. But he and I agree - maybe we should pick him up after dinner.
:)

1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're brave! I haven't been able to do that yet... we need to soon, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home