Sunday, April 16, 2006

A rainstorm...


Yesterday was a beautiful day! Drew enjoyed a nice walk around Narragansett in his jogger; followed by a visit to
Brewed Awakenings where Mommy & Daddy enjoyed their chai tea. We all sat outside in the grass embracing the warmth of the sunshine. We came home and were soon greeted by a dark sky. As the rain began to fall, I noticed Drew's attention to the sounds outside. We had our glass door wide open; so we sat on the floor in front of the screen watching the storm gather strength and pass us by. There was thunder, lightening, and heavy rains. I kept telling Drew how cool the storm was and he seemed fascinated. I was reminded of stories I'd heard of my great grandmother, Nonni, who was afraid of such storms. She used to hide in closets until they were gone. As parents, we have the ability to pass along fear...or excitement...with everything. I found peace in the beauty of the storm and was happy that Drew shared that with me. I hope I can be aware of how my feelings effect him and bring that peace and fascination to other potentially "scary" situations. It was a special moment: mommy, daddy, and drew watching the colors of the sky change and the return of the sun.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Brettnik said...

This is beautifully written, Kristen. Bravo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home