Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I have a Love-Hate Relationship...

...with the pacifier. I know it's there to PACIFY HER -and it works- but I worry I'm taking away the opportunity for her to learn to PACIFY HERSELF. Melia is the only one of my kids to take the pacifier so I don't know how long it'll be around, how we'll wean her of it, and how she'll do without it. I do know the idea of taking it away causes me anxiety (and it's only been 6 months!).

At the moment, I can put Melia down for sleep awake and she may play a bit (in her pack in play by my bed)...then she pops in her paci and drifts off to sleep. Sometimes after a nap I'll find her with an upside pacifier (so cute) or an entirely different paci from the one she started with! I love that she can put it in and take it out and doesn't mind if it's upside down. It could be pink, green, blue, big, small, round, flat - she doesn't care. She'll take it! Must be the easy-going baby #3. Maybe I should experiment and put her down for nap tomorrow withOUT the pacifier. Could she be SO easy going that she can sleep without it? Hmmmm.....

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Amy said...

We just cut the tips off Carter's on July 1, cold turkey. Lauren never used one and I wasn't happy Carter took to it...except it did keep him calm. He had always only used it for naps and bed. We had a few rough nights at first but he got over it quick. He played with the cut ones for a few days but now they are completely gone. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home