Sunday, May 09, 2010

Rights of Passage

The last few months have been huge in the life of Dean. He transitioned to the toddler bed (after climbing out of his crib again and again...), abandoned the booster seat, and stopped wearing diapers!! I read "Oh Crap Potty Training" as soon as it was available. I was so tired of changing his size HUGE diapers...and tired of dealing with his constant-state-of-motion while I tried to assemble clean diapers. Ugh. I'm happy to report my little boy went from toddler to ready for preschool in about a month's time. So exciting! And quite recently I've noticed some of those terribly annoying 2.5 yr. old behaviors are dissipating. Not all, but some. Change is here. Just shy of 3 yrs old, Dean has become a real "big boy."

And did I mention he now does 24-piece puzzles on his own? I have NO idea where that came from because two months ago he wouldn't touch his 12 piece puzzles. Maybe knowing that Drew does 170 piece puzzles inspired him...or it was the trucks and cars on the puzzles. In any case, he can sit still longer, be more involved in projects and puzzles, and is much more ready for school! It's been a right-of-passage to preschool! Is it September yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home