Thursday, April 08, 2010

We are family...

I have learned so many things as a mother - that perhaps one can never know until he/she becomes a parent. Like...how it feels to be the only person who can soothe your crying baby. Or what it feels like to love someone with your whole heart - even when they poop their pants and then hit YOU! What I've learned is how to love and truly be loved. I've learned how incredibly important FAMILY is - and that a true family works through hard times by communicating, forgiving, and moving forward. I have to forgive my kids (and myself!) every day. I have learned that despite our differences, our faults, our mistakes...we are all worthy of love. We all begin as an innocent child - so easy to love. And as our mature selves evolve -and we challenge the world around us (and our parents) - we still deserve and need love...perhaps even MORE!

I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Perhaps a message to my own family, perhaps a reminder to myself. Keep loving - even on crappy days. Forgive. Embrace. Love.

“Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” - Shakespeare


Do you believe this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home