Wednesday, February 20, 2008

To my baby...

I watch you
Breathing in and out
My thoughts drift
All about
Your chest rises
and falls again
These feelings
I can't explain
Your heart beats
Through my fingers
It's so amazing
My hand lingers
I smell
Your breath so sweet
I count your toes
And caress your feet
I listen
To each exhale
While soaking in
Every detail
Your long eyelashes
Your pale skin
Your soft lips
And sleepy grin
A little vein
On your eye lid
A small detail
Often hid
I study your face
Your hands, your eyes
I fear too quickly
Time passes by
I breath in
Bits of you
Feel you breathing
In me too

2 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DID YOU WRITE THIS? WOW, I'M IMPRESSED! GOOD FOR YOU.
-IOWA

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristen,

That was so sweet...I'm glad you shared this.

Alisha:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home