Thursday, August 30, 2007

Things I've learned...

Being a mother has taught me so much about myself, my idea of what family is and should be, and what it means to really love. I've learned so much in the past two years from Drew - and for that I must thank him. He is an amazing person and the best teacher I've ever had.
These are some things I've learned from Drew...
  • While it's sad to see one stage pass, the next stage may be more exciting
  • We all must learn to be (more) patient
  • One's positive voice should always be louder than a negative one
  • Even the most independent children need their mommy
  • Good manners will get you everything :)
  • Chores are more fun when sung
  • It's great to re-read a good story (over and over and over again!)
  • Children learn best from modeling (in other words: they copy everything!)
  • Family hugs should occur daily
  • Even two-year-olds have important things to say
  • A flexible schedule is the best kind
  • Sometimes bribary or bargaining is ok (hey-it works!)
  • Show love and it will be shown to you
  • Every day is a new day - start with a clean slate and have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home