Saturday, February 10, 2007

The secret

I watched an episode of Oprah from last week which was all about The Secret. Basically the idea is that what you put out into the universe is what you'll receive. It's about changing your thinking, your feeling, and your actions...in order to change your life. The teachers of this philosophy stated that you must first start by being grateful for what you already have. The only way to gain is to be appreciative. "Gain" is used loosely...it's about improving relationships, finding inner peace and strength, setting goals, being happy. The idea of it is relatively simple and does make sense. It reminds me a little of the self-fulfilling prophecy. If I say I won't be successful at this job, then I won't be. The thinking is if I say I WILL be...then I will. It's about having a more positive outlook, appreciating what one already has, and embracing the good around us. I found it somewhat inspiring and thought maybe you would too. It's always nice to "stop and smell the roses" so why not do it today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home