Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A(nother) New Job

I'm starting my new job today at Bellani Maternity. I'll be teaching two classes today and two classes tomorrow. The center itself is a beautiful, clean, new space with two wonderful founders. I'm excited to be a part of this community! It's a place for pregnant women and parents with children under 3 years of age. They offer a variety of classes, such as pre-natal yoga, post-natal yoga, story telling, sign language, music, etc. along with various workshops. There are doulas, lactaction consultants, educators, and social workers on staff. Today I'll be teaching Baby Bonding 1 (birth-12 weeks) and Baby Bonding 2 (12 weeks - 6months). Mostly we'll be talking about parenting issues while addressing development at each stage. Tomorrow I facilitate Cuddlers (6 months - 12 months) and Toddlers (12 - 18 months). Those groups will have a stonger emphasis on children's activities: singing songs, reading, playing with puppets, shape sorting, etc. while still talking about parents' issues. Of course, I'm a little nervous for my first day, but excited to be a part of this new venture!!

2 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Cheris said...

Wow! How great! What a fun job. And what a wonderful resource for the community.

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That sounds really, really cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home