Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What did we learn today?

It seems like nearly every day Drew is doing something new. Part of me finds it so incredibly exciting...and part of me sees how quickly he is "growing up" and could cry. I love my baby! After much modeling by mama and dada, he has learned to put his roll-a-rounds into the dinosaur by himself. I can't believe it! He's really improving his hand-eye coordination...what's next, football?!? Now, don't get me wrong, he doesn't get it in every time. Occassionally the ball goes over the top, or onto the slide, but he knows what he's doing and is often right on.

Drew has also learned to DANCE! This involves simply moving the torso and head, but it is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. He is certainly a fan of music (his favorite being Laurie Berkner) and we've always enjoyed dancing through the living room and kitchen together. While I'd hold him in my arms and spin around, I would imagine his wedding day...and us dancing together then. I'd tell him of these magical moments and we'd laugh. Ahh, yes. Magical moments. Well, now Drew is dancing on his own. He stands at his leapfrog learning table and boogies. Gotta love it. I actually managed to catch a brief boogy moment on video yesterday!

What's next? I have a feeling he'll be pulling up soon (now he only gets half-way before going back down); he might crawl...or walk...as he shows a great desire to move; and maybe he'll learn to wave or blow kisses. I'm still waiting on that. Regardless of what he learns today or tomorrow, the fact is he is learning something every day and changing so quickly. There is nothing I can do to slow down time...so I will sit in awe and wonder of my little boy. I will applaud every new trick and let him know how very proud of him I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home