Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Three's a Charm

I'm not going to lie. I'm scared to death to have three children. Every day I ask myself how I will manage three kids - or, even worse, three BOYS! My two boys have so much energy that I leave the house every day by 8:30am...return for naps...and run out again as soon as they awaken! Today we went to the Y at 8:30 (yoga class at 9am for me!!), followed by a trip to Schartner's Farm for strawberry picking with friends, then to Sophie's for coffee...home for naps and off to Ryan's Park for a hike upon waking. I am not complaining about the activities. It sure beats sitting around the house. I'm just wondering how I am going to do it all with THREE. How will I squeeze in time for nursing? Will Dean hold my hand when we walk across the parking lot? Will Drew carry the cooler so I can hold the baby AND Dean's hand? Will I remember to pack two sized diapers, sunscreens, three hats, snacks & drinks for everyone?!? Will the boys listen to me when I tell them to stop! What will the baby's needs be? Will I have time for each child individually? Will my mom still want to babysit...all three kids? Will I ever have time for myself?

Yes, I'm scared.

I'm going to create some mantras for myself. I will repeat these over and over until I believe them. I appreciate any additional words of wisdom or support anyone can offer.

*Everything is going to be ok.
*Slow down....
*People have been raising big families forEVER and they manage.
*Drew will be a big help.
*The kids will have each other.
*Big families are FUN.
*Dean and Drew will keep each other occupied.
*I have lots of good friends to play with us :)
*My mom will always be there.
*I have a supportive husband.
*Drew will be going to kindergarten in one year!
*I can nurse in the moby wrap.
*Babies are easy and can sleep on the go.
*I love my children.

It's going to be ok, right?

5 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Summer Athena said...

had no clue you were pregnant. congrats.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger cheris said...

Wow! You're pregnant?!? Congratulations and... just wow!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

And you are the best MOMMY ever! :)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Rob L. said...

Yes, it's going to be OK, and YAAAAY, CONGRATULATIONS! Sorry this comment is late-arriving, too.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Allison said...

Yes, it will be okay. If anyone can do it and do it well, you can. You are an inspiration to moms everywhere. And I really mean that.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home