Monday, May 07, 2007

Sick again?!?

Just when you thought you were out of the woods, another illness catches up with you. Blah! This weekend Drew caught a little tummy bug which left him weak & m-e-l-l-o-w. Who knows how each little germ manages to find my son, but they do. The funny thing about having a sick child is how that ultra-maternal instinct forcefully rises from within. Suddenly your child can do no wrong and captures all of your loving attention. A slight moan and I'm peaking in his room; a little whine and I'm trying to appease some need of his. This brings me back to what it felt like to have a newborn: helpless, unable to communicate, completely dependent. I realize that although I'm generally at a different place with Drew now, I'm going to easily find that responsive, pampering parent that lies inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home